Please say hello to your mother for me. 请代我向你母亲问好。 |
Come to see me whenever you like。 你可以随时来见我。 |
The statesman retired as the mayor of new york. 那位政治家退休时是纽约市市长。 |
What is your plan? 你的计划是什么? |
I don’t like it. 我不喜欢。 |
If you run after two hares you will catch neither. 脚踏两条船,必定落空。 |
Learning English is like building a house.学英语象盖房子。 |
You'd better let her alone. 你们最好是让她一个人呆会儿。 |
He asked me some personal questions, but I would never answer them.他问了我几个个人问题,我根本不愿回答。 |
每个人都是自己命运的建筑师。 Each man is the architect of his own fate. |
我们说到哪儿了? Where were we? |
我们请别人给以忠告时,说明我们已经知道解决问题的答案却希望并不知道它。 Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. |
吃饭要饱,饮酒要少。 You eat and eat, but you do not drink to fill you. |
劳动常常是幸福之父。 Labour is often the father of pleasure. |
我给我妹妹穿衣服,洗脸洗手。 I dress my sister and wash her hands and face. |
细水长流,遇灾不愁。 Plan your consumption carefully on a long term basis, and you need not worry when a famine occurs. |
当汤姆的同学还在学校苦读时,他已经开始了自己的事业。 Tom has opened his own business while his classmates are still slogging away at school. |
品味无可争论。/人各有所好。 There is no disputing about tastes. |
念念不忘自己长处的人,使别人想起他的缺点。 He that thinks too much of his virtues bids others think of his vice. |
norm n. 标准;规范 |
tonic n./a. 滋补品,补药;强身的,健体的 |
precise a. 精确的 |
deliberate a. 故意的;从容的;仔细考虑的;v. 仔细考虑 |
interact vi.互相作用,互相影响 |
brutal a. 野蛮的,残忍的 |
shrub n. 灌木,灌木丛 |
fluctuate vi. (物价)涨落,起落,波动 |